Easter Island beaches

Discussion in 'Chile' started by drhomes, Jun 24, 2008.

1. drhomes

drhomes New Member

hi everybody, i´m planning to go to Easter Island next month and trying to find a nice beach to relax, does anyone know any good beaches in Easter Island? thank you.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Easter Island has two wonderful beaches called Anakena & Ovahe and they are located on the North end of the island. Both beaches are in the same road but Anakena is the best place for shorebreak bodysurfing. Ovahe is less busy beach but offers interesting caves in the area. So visit these two beaches and get relaxing.

3. drhomes

drhomes New Member

thanks for your reply. Can you suggest some hote/resort to stay near these two beaches? I need a nice place for 4 nights.

4. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

I have stayed in Hotel Oceania which is one of the nice hotels in Easter island. The room in which I stayed was equipped with all ametities including tv, fridge etc., It's located only few minutes away from the the capital city of Eastern Island, and other important places like museums and archeological centres.

The big advantage of staying in this hotel is, it offers rentals of bikes, cars, vans and Quad motorbikes to travel around the island on their own. You can even take this to Anakena beach. Book your room here and enjoy your stay.

5. drhomes

drhomes New Member

oh! really, quad bike is my favorite, i'll definitely rent it and will have a ride. also I heard from my friend that Ovahe has a pink sanded beach, i want to visit that too, too many plans and looking forward the trip...thanks.