Ecuador hiking

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by wanderer, Aug 22, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Climbers and hikers will find a wide variety of terrain to traverse in Ecuador. From the peaks of the Andes to the Avenue of the Volcanoes and casual hikes just outside Quito, you have many options for Eduador hiking.

What's your favorite?

2. AtomicaII

AtomicaII New Member

best place to hike in Ecuador

Hiking in the Inca Trail national park is for me the best place for hiking in Ecuador. the Inca Trail runs from Cusco to Quito and takes you through the Andes, the Paredones ruins and Ingapirca fort. The trail is a gradual that eventually rises to over 13,000ft. Of course, this hiking trail isn't for the faint of heart and unfit. It takes a good 4-5 days so you have to be prepared with sleeping bags, food, and good trekking boots.

3. Quesera

Quesera New Member

Hiking around Quito

the hiking trails around Quito are my favorite because of the volcano scenery. Quito is also a great place to base for hiking trips in Ecuador because hostels are cheap and you can do easy day hikes without much traveling back and forth. Out of all the trails, I recommend the Ruco Pichincha Trail. It takes about 3-4 hours to complete and it's only 15 minutes away from Quito.

4. ferrisBrueler

ferrisBrueler New Member

chimborazo trail

the chimborazo trail is one of the best hikes in Ecuador because the trail is located on the southern end of Ecuador's famous "Avenue of Volcanoes". Aside from hiking Ecuador's highest mountain (Chimborazo is over 20,702ft high), you get to cross the Andean continental divide between Chimborazo and Carihuairazo which is about 16,470ft. You will also get to see a ton of wildlife along the way like rabbits, foxes, alpacas and llamas.