Egypt transportation

Discussion in 'Egypt' started by quadrant-k12, Jan 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. quadrant-k12

quadrant-k12 New Member

hey guys,

Im looking for info on Egypt transportation modes..I am specifically looking on advice on train travel for longer distances in Egypt..thanks

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

hi there,

If you are thinking to travel across Egypt, I would suggest traveling at night to save time. You can take a sleeper train which will save you the cost of a hotel room for the night.

Also, Egypt trains are certainly more comfortable than buses but it is always a good idea to make reservations in advance, though trains are plentiful; trains from Cairo to Alexandria, for example, leave every hour.

If on a budget, taking a bus in Egypt is the most affordable way to travel around the country. If you are departing from Cairo, you will have many options for taking a bus in Egypt to other tourist destinations.

Tourist buses are traditionally air conditioned and reasonably comfortable. Popular destinations for buses include Luxor, Alexandria, El Gouna, and Hurghada.

3. sean14592

sean14592 New Member

I haven't been on the train in Egypt, but if there in as good condition as their airports all should be fine.