Egyptian museum

Discussion in 'Egypt' started by bacfas, Sep 15, 2008.

1. bacfas

bacfas New Member

I'm from Fiji and planning to visit Istanbul and Cairo - my overall trip is 21 days. I have chosen Cairo due to it's popular Egyptian museum, really i love to visit museums. I have already heard that the Egyptian Museum has Egyptian mummies, ancient Egyptian artifacts & coffins, i'm very excited to see all of them. Also looking for other points of interest near this museum, so please suggest the most interesting places in Cairo, so that i'll visit them as well. Even suggest art galleries, Pyramids whatever and i would really appreciate any help. thank you.

2. egymichael

egymichael New Member

you go to OLD cairo area this area have islamic and coptic sightsee .. also citadel and khan el khalili market

3. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Apart from Egyptian museum, Cairo has many interesting places. The Great Pyramids of Giza, Cairo Tower, The Citadel, An-Nasir Mohammed Mosque and Townhouse Gallery are the must see places. The Great Pyramids of Giza is situated on the outskirts of Cairo and it is the only wonder remaining from seven wonders of the ancient world. Cairo has many museums including museum of Islamic arts, Military museum, Townhouse gallery and palace museum. The Citadel is a wonderful place to spend a full day, it also has numerous museums, ancient mosques and here you can have a bird’s eye view of the entire city. The Cairo Tower ia an another popular spot which is not to be missed. It is situated in Gezira Island on the River Nile. It is one of the best known landmarks of Cairo. Also don't miss to have your dinner in the revolving restaurant at the top of this tower. Cairo has many mosques and the An-Nasir Mohammed mosque, Barquqiya mosque, El-Azhar mosque, El-Aqmar mosque, El-Hakim mosque and El-Rifai mosque are very popular. Cairo is a shoppers paradise and the Khan al-Khalili market of Cairo is one of the largest markets in the world. You can buy traditional Arabic items, perfumes and souvenirs here. So explore Cairo with plenty shopping, have a nice vacation!