entering Paraguay from Argentina

Discussion in 'Paraguay' started by JohnConstantine, Jan 20, 2011.

1. JohnConstantine

JohnConstantine New Member

I want to visit Paraguay from Argentina after visiting the Iguassu Falls. Can I buy a visa at that time or do I need to purchase one before I leave the U.S? Does Paraguay have consulate in Los Angeles? if so, how do I get in touch?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

Do get a visa before you leave the US because when you cross the border with Argentina and stop for your entrance and exit stamp you will need a visa, and you won't be able to get it right there. Having said this, from experience I know that the immigration control people very rarely stop people coming in either direction - but of course, the best thing is have the right papers in case you get stopped.

Also, if you leave Paraguay from Asuncion to Argentina you will run into problems without the proper entrance stamps so, if you want to risk it, go into Ciudad del Este for a few days and then cross back into Argentina

My Argentina visa cost me around $100 and my Paraguay one was $75, though be sure to get a multiple entry one.

By the way, they do have a consulate though they have funny opening hours so, your best bet is to contact them by phone (Tel. 1-310-417-9500)