exchanging money

Discussion in 'Poland' started by hectorhuli, Aug 19, 2009.

1. hectorhuli

hectorhuli New Member

hi,

I have a few questions if you dont mind. We'll be soon on our overdue trip to Poland and was wondering whether credit cards are accepted and if we need our passports to exchange money there? Any other inputs are appreciated also!

cheers

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

hi there,

Most towns in Poland accept Visa, MasterCard, Cirrus and Maestro cards but cheapest way it's to bring your debit card as they charge less fees than credit cards.

The most popular currencies are US dollars, euros and UK pounds and you don’t need to present your passport or fill out any forms to exchange money. One thing I would say is to bring bank notes in good condition and without anything written on them as the exchange offices in Poland can refuse them.

3. salitaVS

salitaVS New Member

sure credit cards are accepted. it's not like poland is still in the middle ages (lol). When changing money from US Dollars or GBP is to use ATMS and your credit card because you'll get the best exchange rates. However, make sure you are charged in Euros and not charged in your own currency because you'll incur an additional conversion fee.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Here's some good advice in Poland or other locations...don't exchange money in the airport. The fees can be much higher than banks in town. You also can exchange money at the banks at home. Many local banks can get you the money you need before you trip to Poland even starts.

5. Ecotripsos

Ecotripsos New Member

I was in a few cities in Poland and I saw that even the small cafes accept credit cards. And they ask how you'll pay before you do. :)