expired visa advise

Discussion in 'China' started by FordHenry, Sep 18, 2014.

  1. FordHenry

    FordHenry New Member

    China's tightened up its overstay policy in the past year so I wouldn't advise over staying your visa while there. I believe if it's only like 5 days is fine but anything over 8-10 days and you will get fined $100 per day you overstay plus they will put a do not enter mark on your passport. It's best you get an extension, which will still be a hassle. I'd strongly suggest you try very hard to get a visa with a longer stay from the consulate in the first instance.
  2. onthelaptod

    onthelaptod New Member

    chinese visa information

    Talking about expired visas..I applied for a visa to China 2 years ago but did it too soon that it almost expired before I got there as I postponed my trip to China. Best you get your visa a month in advance tops. By the way, the Chinese Embassies and Consulate Generals do not accept mailed visa applications. if you plan to visit mainland China and Hong Kong, you will need a double-entry or multiple-entry visa.

Share This Page