Facebook Timeline

Discussion in 'Destination360 Copyright and DMCA settlements' started by d360, Sep 24, 2011.

1. d360

d360 Administrator

Facebook Timeline New Features

I want to inform you about some exciting news with the new Facebook profile layout and Destination360 images. Facebook will be launching Timeline in the next week or so, and one of the new features in this update is the option to add Facebook cover photos to your profile. It’s a great opportunity for users who enjoy high-quality photography to use Destination360 images.

You can see an example of my new Facebook Timeline here, and we also have a tutorial on changing your Timeline cover photo and how to use Timeline once you’ve got the new profile. Lastly, if you’re looking to use our photos, please grab one from our page on downloading Facebook cover pictures .

2. hellobillie

hellobillie New Member

Facebook Timeline beta

hey d360, I’ve been hearing about new Facebook features like the Timeline, and I am super-eager to get started with them...Do you know when will we be able to opt into the Timeline without the need for going through these developers’ steps?

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Has this launched yet? I haven't noticed this for my timeline yet. Is it only for business pages? I know that Google Plus lets you add some pictures to the top of your page. I've haven't talked much on Google Plus, but the most traction has been talking about my travel picture.s

4. krainey

krainey New Member

Facebook Timeline launch

It hasn't launched yet for most people; I think it was going to be a rolling launch rather than a single date, just since there are so many Facebook users, but it's been slowed down because of a lawsuit with Timelines.com, so I haven't really seen it roll out across the site much at all. That said, if you want to add it on your own, you can. I found this image slideshow to be the most helpful for learning how to add Facebook Timeline. It's quite simple, but the catch is only other people who have the Timeline enabled will be able to see yours until it rolls out live across the site.

5. 80daysworld

80daysworld New Member

Facebook Timeline lawsuit

I guess some people would say that what goes around comes around...Facebook have been suing smaller sites such as Teachbook for using the word ‘Book’, like really? Still, I would love to see this court case done and dusted so, Facebook can get on with the launch of timeline...by the way, does anyone agree that timeline will be a little complicated to use and understand for the average user?

6. feron4

feron4 New Member

Update on Facebook Timeline

Facebook timeline was supposed to go have gone live first on the September 30th and October 6th of this year. However, timelines.com filed for a temporary restraining order to stop Facebook from releasing Timeline, warning it would be “rolled over†by Facebook.

Saying this, Facebook timeline seems to have launched now on my Facebook and also some of my Friends even though they're not developers. Not sure what it's going on, but i think it will take some time untill everybody has timeline.

7. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

It sounds like no one knows what is going on with this...but thank you for the update!

8. supasupa

supasupa New Member

Facebook dislike button

anyone heard the latest rumor that Facebook might make changes to their Open Graph that could let us implement a 'Dislike Button'. what do you people think about that? would you add a dislike button on your site?

9. phantonmenace

phantonmenace New Member

woman burns house: is facebook to blame?

talking about facebook..anyone heard the story of a woman who burned down here friend’s house for defriending her on facebook? this story floored me until I found out that the friend and her husband were in the house and had a lucky escape. What do you guys think? should facebook be blame at all?

10. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

That's a good question. I think Facebook brings out the bad that's already in people. It's a lot harder to keep private and it's so much easier to slight people with Facebook. But that person would probably have gone ballistic even without Facebook.

11. bodymy

bodymy New Member

Update: Facebook Timeline

Just wanted to update you all on the delayed Facebook Timeline which is now confirmed as only “a matter of weeks†away by Ethan Beard (the Director of Developer Marketing at Facebook)

12. udontget4

udontget4 New Member

I began using Timeline about a 2 weeks ago, and it is the one best Facebook features I love to date. So useful and interesting to see what I posted a year ago. I wish I had a timeline of my whole life like this.

13. duoitp9

duoitp9 New Member

FBT isn't such a great idea

im telling you folks, Facebook Timeline is a bad idea and I hope it does't roll out. Don't get me wrong I love Facebook, but the amount of information you can share now is minimal. But, if they roll out FBT people will be able to know about your employer, your current location, etc. That should ring alarm bells for privacy concerns, why? ...imagine thieves finding out you won't be home for a few days?

14. imogenalohan

imogenalohan New Member

Facebook Timeline is great but privacy sharing isn't

Timeline is one of the best additions I think Facebook has made so far and I have the timeline activated on my personal profile, but I cannot see Facebook doing a mass release of it any time soon because of all the complaints they are receiving. Even worse, I am not sure how my privacy is being affected by the sharing so Im a little concern on that front.

15. weeehe

weeehe New Member

Facebook privacy issues

Timeline is intended to change your current Facebook profile page to something like a scrapbook of your entire life based on likes and comments. All of these is nice, but what if you found out you were tagged in compromising photos you don't everyone to see? That’s why I would suggest anyone to go back and review the privacy settings on photos, videos, and status messages you posted to the site years ago before you even go live!

16. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

This would be a neat feature if it were something only you could see. I'd love to see my Facebook timeline, but I'm not sure I want to share it with everyone be default. Maybe it should be something you can only see when you're logged into your own personal account.

17. krainey

krainey New Member

Sharing it with everybody wouldn't be an issue—while the Facebook Timeline is only available to developers, only people who have the Timeline can see it on your page. Still nothing for sure on when it's going to roll out, as there have been a couple of lawsuits with timelines.com and the federal government regarding privacy, but it is still possible to add if you want it.

We've got a Timeline preview here if you want to see what it looks like or read more about it. And I do agree with weeehe: it never hurts to re-review your Facebook privacy settings. I don't believe Timeline will erase anything you've already set, but best to keep an eye on things.

18. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Thanks, krainey, that's good to know. I clicked the link, and that's actually pretty cool. It's a very sharp looking page!

19. isitfor56

isitfor56 New Member

free cover photos for Facebook Timeline

that's what I did before I set up timeline double checking the privacy aspect of it...still, I won't change it for the world. Btw, if anyone is looking for free cover photos for your facebook timeline you can download some for free which are really beautiful shots.

20. backfro8

backfro8 New Member

who's unfriended you?

Did you guys know that Facebook Timeline lets you see people who have unfriended you? Not many people know this and I think it's one of the coolest feature. In previous versions of Facebook, there was no easy way to see which of your "friends" decided to ditch you.

If you've already enabled your new profile, you can check it out right now. Here's how you can see who's unfriended you:

#1 pick a year from your timeline
    #2 find the "Friends" box for that year. This will tell you how many people you added in this year.

Click on the link that reads something like "Made ___ New Friends." That link will bring up a new box, showing all the people you were friends with. If an "Add Friend" button appears next to their name, then you are no longer friends.