Fall leaves in Door County

Discussion in 'Wisconsin' started by mitraveler, Sep 20, 2011.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Want to have nature take your breath away? Door County is the place for you. Located in northern Wisconsin, a quick drive from Green Bay, this rural wonderland is packed with some amazing scenery. Several farms are open for tours--the apples are abundant and fresh this time of year. The scenery is just great by Kangaroo Lake, so I would recommend going there.

2. dollyp@rton

dollyp@rton New Member

Fall foliage in Wisconsin

Wisconsin and Michigan are my favorite states in the country to take in the fall foliage. Color is just starting to change and the Wisconsin Tourism Dept are also predicting good color change particularly in spots along the Mississippi River. Door county is a lovely spot also, though there are many more beautiful spots in Wisconsin such the Black River State Forest, Hayward Lakes Area, and Lake Geneva Area.

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Good suggestions, Dolly! Lake Geneva is just wonderful...we visited a couple of times when I was a kid, and the shopping was as good as the scenery. It seems like this warm stretch of October weather, with all this sun, has been good for the leaves.