family vaca info..leaving in 3 weeks...

Discussion in 'Nicaragua' started by startravelin, Jan 30, 2010.

1. startravelin

startravelin New Member

We will be leaving in 3 weeks and are taking our 2 kids ages 11 and 8 years old. I am wondering if it is best to just hire someone to drive us around or get a rent a car. and how to get around once we arrive at 9pm.
    We are an active family and love adventure...We are not high maintence but enjoy a great beach. We like family owned lodges or cottages to stay in....on the low end in price....
    can any one give me some ideas. Thanks...

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Hi there,

Since you're arriving there at 9pm, I would suggest car rental as the most convenient way. You can get a car rental at the airport in Managua or obtain them from agencies outside of the airport.

It's probably best to get your rental cars in Nicaragua from one of the well-established businesses at the airport, such as Alamo, Budget, or Avis. These companies will provide you with a cheap Nicaragua rental car.

A cheap Nicaragua rental car goes for around $20 to $50 per day, depending on the model you would like to rent and the options that you choose. It's best to get a rental car with 4-wheel-drive, since much of Nicaragua is unpaved.

Also, most car rentals there are manual transmission so, be sure you know how to drive stick shift before renting down there.

Accommodation-wise, you won't be disappointed with a stay in the villas in Nicaragua.