family vacation in Malaysia

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by umisays, Oct 26, 2009.

1. umisays

umisays New Member

hi,

Im booking a trip for our family and im looking at suitable destinations for a family vacation in Malaysia? any ideas?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

hi there,

For a well-rounded vacation in Malaysia visit the Genting Highlands as it offers both exciting indoor and outdoor activities for families to enjoy a wealth of family-style attractions.

The Genting Highlands have two theme parks offering many rides and all kinds of other entertainment. With a double loop, corkscrew roller coaster and water park kids will go crazy over this thrilling amusement park.

The X-Pedition Wall,Van Helsing ride, SnowWorld, Genting Malaysia Sky Venture and Ripleys are the signature highlights here during Malaysia holidays.

3. 5kop

5kop New Member

hi ruby, I was wondering if you could help...We are two families traveling with 4 kids in August and we will be flying in from singapore and looking to spend 5 days somewhere in Malaysia.

Most people suggest Langkawi, but i was wondering if there are any other recommendations that are easy access from Singapore or Kuala Lumpur?

4. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Langkawi Island is nice but it isn't like Phuket so you may be disappointed if you're looking for stunning beaches, and things to do. On that note, Langkawi is very peaceful and quiet if that's what you're looking for.

I also like Penang which is slightly more 'lively' than Langkawi, but still not as great as Phuket in my opinion. Having said this, your kids will love Penang, especially Georgetown and Batu Ferringhi where you can do plenty of water sports.