"Fantasy Fest"

Discussion in 'Florida' started by gps90, Apr 18, 2011.

1. gps90

gps90 New Member

I have an opportunity to go to something in the Florida Keys called "Fantasy Fest". Anyways, I have never flown to The Keys so I am wondering what is the best and or closet airport to that area? Should I fly into a further away airport and drive a car? Thanks!

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

You can fly into Key West airport on Continental, AA, US, and Delta, though you will need to get a connection flight there from either Ft. Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Tampa, or Miami since Key West Airport is small so flights are limited.

You can alternatively fly into Ft. Lauderdale or Miami and rent a car and drive to Key West, then fly into FLL, though if you have the option. The drive will take about 4 hour drive under normal conditions, but It is a nice drive though if you aren't in a hurry.

3. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 87 countries & 64 cruises so far

One other option is to fly from Tampa or St. Petersburg airports now non-stop or catch a commuter into Marathon airport and rent a car to get the remaining 50-60 miles to Key West,

Key West remains your best option however.

4. John Dennis

John Dennis New Member

Lots of voyagers begin their Florida Keys vacation in Key West. Key West offers assorted options for kids and adults making everyone feel very special. The natural surroundings give the island the humid feel and smell. The heart of Key West is the significant old town area which runs from South Street north to the waterfront. Everyone comes here to enjoy the calm space, the story book architecture and the carnival like street life.