Favorite Gulf Coast Beach

Discussion in 'Alabama' started by wanderer, Jan 2, 2015.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

What's your favorite beach along the Gulf Coast? It's really hard to beach the main beach in Gulf Shores, especially for it's wonderful sand and the blue waters of the Gulf Coast. And the blue skies too. I just love how pretty the Alabama beaches are!

2. budeen

budeen New Member

One of the nicest beaches I visited on the Gulf Coast was St. George Island in Florida. This beach is like a hidden gem and perfect for doing wildlife spotting. During the summer you can see loggerhead sea turtles coming ashore to dig nests and lay eggs.

3. rosstrainin'

rosstrainin' New Member

I am not too fan of Florida Panhandle beaches because of the crowds. I prefer the beaches in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach in Alabama as they're not far from Florida's "Emerald Coast. Most people won't think so but the beaches there are also nice.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Hi! I think I meant it was really easy to reach the main beach in Gulf Shores. But you're totally right, Rosstrainin', that the panhandle beaches can get crowded. Orange Beach and Gulf Shores are within a two or three hour drive of Panama, so it doesn't take too long to get there. They do have nice beaches in Alabama. And Budeen, I would love to see those turtles in person. That sounds so cool!