Favorite Pittsburgh attraction

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by wanderer, Jan 2, 2015.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Hello! What's your favorite thing to do in Pittsburgh in the winter? My dad is heading up there for a conference and has some free time to check out some of the city. Would you recommend a museum or a tour that would be good for an afternoon? Is it possible to tour Heniz Field with an afternoon free/

2. Accountde3

Accountde3 New Member

if you like ice skating you can do that at PPG place or the Schenley Skating Rink. As far as the Heinz Field Tour, it costs like $6 and lasts about 1 1/2 hours. You are taken down on the field, the Steelers' locker room, and the bleachers area too. Worth it for the price.

3. rockafellows

rockafellows New Member

The Nationality Rooms and Bayernhof Museum are a must. This last one has cool vintage music machines on display. If you like birds, there's also a nice aviary you can visit (National Aviary) in Allegheny Commons.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Cool! Thanks for those suggestions. I've passed them along, and he's really excited to try all of these places. I would love to see the aviary. Those are always my favorite places to visit. But I'm not going along. ;)