Favorite Thoroughbred Race Track

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by Vicolette, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

For those who enjoy going to the track, whether it's just to watch the races or place a wager, there's something to be said for a day at the races with all the live action. In my part of the world, Tampa Bay Downs is home to exciting thoroughbred races through May.

I've visited Louisville but never made it to Churchill Downs and while I watch the Preakness and Belmont Stakes, I haven't made it to Pimlico or Belmont.

What is your experience with the tracks and which is your favorite?

2. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

A little north of Louisville, but still in Kentucky, you have Turfway Park. I love that is's so close to everything, including some of the best shopping in Northern Kentucky. It's really not far from Cincinnati.

I grew up not far from Arlington Park in the Chicago suburbs and went to a lot of races and special events there too. I think that's a favorite too.

3. hoorisD

hoorisD New Member

I have been to Churchill Downs and Belmont and I can say that these tracks do live up to their hype. The experience there was quite interesting mingling with high class of society, or so it seemed since most people there seemed so posh. I would love to visit the famous Nad Al Sheba horse track in Dubai (Dubai World Cup)as I've been told is amazing.

4. hermandaz

hermandaz New Member

Most Famous Horse Race Tracks in US

If you love horses you really want to go to one of these race tracks for a great day: Churchill Downs in Kentucky, Belmont Park in NY and Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore. Churchill Downs (is the most famous one in America), Belmont Park (is the longest dirt thoroughbred race track in all of North America), and Pimlico Race Course (is the oldest track in US).

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator