ferries from Santorini to Rhodes

Discussion in 'Greece' started by greekboy, Jun 24, 2008.

1. greekboy

greekboy New Member

Is there a ferrie that goes from Santorini to Rodos. If so where do I find costs,schedules etc. Thanks

2. ftuley

ftuley New Member

LANE ferry, it goes about 2x per week, takes 17 hours I been told. Actual times/days won't be available until a few weeks beforehand.
    Use www.openseas.gr to see what's available when you need it. You might need to find a ferry that goes to Crete first and then change there to another one that goes to Santorini.
    I know from Kos there is one to Mykonos and from Mykonos there's a daily highspeed catamaran to Santorini.
    Since prices differ with companies, you should check online who offers the cheapest tickets.
    You can do that by Lane Lines ferries
    http://www.ferries.gr/lane/

Hope my answer has been helfpul!

Try using the "build your trip" flight comparsion tool here:Flights To Greece it will
    search multiple websites and get you the best price.

Links of interest:
    Greece Ferries
    Rhodes Greece

3. richards

richards New Member

what is the visiting hours of Santorini Water Park and how much is the entrance ticket? anyone have any idea?

4. missy

missy New Member

Santorini water park is open from 10am to 12o'clock midnight. But swimming and the water slide activities can be allowed only until 7PM evening. The rest of the time you can use the pool bar to have a drink or have the dinner at the restaurant.The entrance ticket price is 3€ for children and 6€ for adult and from 7pm until midnight the entrance charge is free for any visitor. hope this helps!

5. jfieru4

jfieru4 New Member

high speed ferry from Santorini to Rhodes

Getting from Santorini to Rhodes can be a nightmare I tell you...there is a ferry service between Santorini and Rhodes but it's a slow ferry service which only runs a few times a week, which isn't a very convenient option.

You could also catch the Olympic Air flight from Santorini to Rhodes, though this flight has a connection in Athens first, which means the flight will turn out to be 8 hours.

6. vimpto

vimpto New Member

expect to pay around €35 one way

Someone said on this forum that there isn't a direct ferry service...well, there a high speed ferry between Santorini and Rhodes but only because the fastest ferry takes 7 hours to connect Santorini and Rhodes.

So there you have it...you can catch a normal ferry from Piraeus to the port of Santorini which will take 7 hours. Besides normal ferries, there are also many hydrofoils that connect Santorini to Rhodes in just one hour.

The ferry prices depend on the type of vessel but you can expect to pay around €35 one way on the fastest ferry; while a deck ticket on the slowest ferry is about €29 one way.

7. juancarlosII

juancarlosII New Member

Blue Star ferries

One site I use for greek ferry schedules is Blue Star which is a good company with new ships and cheap rates, a good compromise compared to slightly cheaper older boats and more expensive high-speed boats.

However, I always make it a point of leaving one buffer day between arrival in Piraeus by ferry and departure elsewhere, as ferries are at times delayed or canceled due to rough seas. If you are on a tight schedule, I'd suggest considering flying from Santorini to Athens, which could buy you a safe extra day in Santorini.

8. minuteplan

minuteplan New Member

Rhodes is best in late September

Yes, they do. Ferries from Santorini to Rhodes are already run every day during the week. However, during the winter and spring they isn't one because it's low season. By the way, when you book be careful you don't book the old car ferry but the hydrofoil, it is faster and much more comfortable.

Also, I'd like to add that Rhodes is best in late September as it wont be too crowded and the weather is still nice and warm. There are plenty of places to visit, the medieval old town, the old port, the aquarium, the butterflies valley, Lindos town, etc.

9. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

take the LANE ferry

You can take the LANE ferry, but it only runs a couple of times per week, and it's very slow taking 18 hours to get to Rhodes. By the way, the actual time and days that the LANE ferry runs are not announced until a few weeks beforehand.

You could always fly...if so, you have two options. One is to fly back to Athens to change planes, either on Olympic or Aegean Airlines; or fly directly on SkyExpress, which is a small airlines operating from Crete.

10. ori6n3

ori6n3 New Member

the LANE ferry

You can take the LANE ferry, but it only runs a couple of times per week, and it's very slow taking 18 hours to get to Rhodes. By the way, the actual time and days that the LANE ferry runs are not announced until a few weeks beforehand.

You could always fly...if so, you have two options. One is to fly back to Athens to change planes, either on Olympic or Aegean Airlines; or fly directly on SkyExpress, which is a small airlines operating from Crete.

11. cussoman

cussoman New Member

ferry from santorini to rodos

During the low season there aren't that many ferries departing from Santorini to Rhodes. In fact, I think ferries only depart once a day at noon on Monday, Wednesday and Friday during low season. Check with Blue Star Ferries, Lane Lines, Open Seas, and Ferries in Greece for ticket prices, days and timings.