Fiji shopping scene?

Discussion in 'Fiji' started by mitraveler, Jan 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

What's it like to shop on Fiji? What can I expect to find there? What should I avoid? Where should you go?

Thanks!

2. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Fiji is an island filled with small shops and artisans who like to barter. You'll find a lot of woven clothes, in lovely colors, and pearls are very popular in Fiji. The Fiji shopping scene is rather interesting.

3. simplethings

simplethings New Member

shop in Nadi

there are many shops in Nadi town that like Goto Jacks, which is the biggest, cheapest and best. You can't go wrong there since they sell all kinds of souvenirs. You can also shop for fakes like Diesel, Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss and other brand names, which are great value for money

You can also do shopping at your resorts. Some of the larger resorts like on Denarau have some cheap clothing but in general are more expensive than Nadi and not worth it in my experience.

4. LittleOtik

LittleOtik New Member

shopping spot in Fiji

to be honest shopping in Fiji isn't really something that should high on your list of priorities, apart from buying the odd souveneirs for the kids. Ladies, if you do intend to do shopping I'd recommend a spot called 'Little India', which specializes in inexpensive sari's