Finland's weirdest events

Discussion in 'Finland' started by haydays, Feb 20, 2013.

Tags:
  1. haydays

haydays New Member

Finland is a great country but some of the events are simply mind-bloggling. Take for instance, the Wife Carrying World Championships in Sonkajärvi, the World Cell Phone Throwing Championships in Savonlinna, and the Mosquito Swatting Championships. what other weird events have you been to? what's the weirdest event in the world?

2. turtleninh

turtleninh New Member

Baby Jumping festival

it cannot be weirder than the Baby Jumping festival in El Colacho Spain. The festival is right what the title suggests...grown men dressed in devil attire jumping over a line of little babies. It's not for fun, apparenbtly is to keep the eveils away or something like that. Pretty weird, i think!

3. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Those are all pretty odd to me. But I bet they're a lot of fun. I think that the cow races in Switzerland just sound like the craziest things ever. I don't know why, but they sound like fun!

4. simkelyte

simkelyte New Member

Oh I can say... When i was on Scandinavia tours , and we went to Finland, Hano Motola (one of the famous this country basketball player) was on the line to one market and i pass him, he looked at me and smile, then that market employ told me that i screwed up there famous basketball player, that was a good joke! :D

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Fun! It's not often that you run into famous basketball players at the market. :)