first time to Greece

Discussion in 'Greece' started by sas1, Nov 12, 2007.

1. sas1

sas1 New Member

hi, we four friends are planning to visit Greece in mid march and no ideas at all. Nobody hasn’t been there before, so please give us some ideas on getting cheap flight tickets to Greece? We are students and having limited budget only…. Our main places are Santorini & Crete. So give suggestions according to these 2 places…. thanks

2. ftuley

ftuley New Member

The world famous Santorini, sunsets in Santorini are the best in the world. From the Caldera breathtaking views of the volcano & neighbouring islands. From the east, miles of dark sandy or pebbled Beaches. Everywhere one sees small domed churches and remnants of days gone by. You can eat, drink and shop on the edge of a volcano! What could be more exciting? The island of Santorini is mostly known for its incredible villages. The traditional villages are like most of the villages of the Cyclades with the difference that they are perched on the top of impressive cliffs. They offer incredible views over the volcano, the sunset and Thirassia. The most famous villages of the islands are Oia and Fira. Santorini is considered one of the most spectacular and stunning landscapes in the whole world.
    At night the bars and clubs have blasting music and it is just a matter of finding the ones that suits your taste. Crete spoils visitors with its wealth of myths, legends and history, a blessed and dramatic landscape, an extraordinary fusion of past and present, and an abundance of choices and experiences.
    Its stunning mountain ranges are dotted with caves and sliced by dramatic gorges, and its rugged interior is blanketed in olive groves, wild flowers and aromatic herbs. Breathtaking drives along the rugged south coast lead to a sundrenched paradise of long sandy beaches and isolated coves. Crete is the southernmost island in Europe has “everything”! Its bountiful variety of features includes mountain villages, long sandy beaches, rocky bays, beach-bar-boogie & nightlife. There are magnificent mountain ranges, water-sports, tranquil locations and clean swimmable seas. Bathed in clear sunlight much of the year, the climate is one of the best in Europe. The largest island in Greece, it is understandably a most popular travel and vacation destination.
    Because Crete is the largest of the Greek islands, it offers both developed tourist areas with resort Hotels and also quiet coves, hidden beaches and invigorating mountain villages and plateaus that reward the discerning world traveller. Wondrous moments, those memorable combinations of time & place that provide you with enriching experiences, are yours - here - if you explore the island. But there are more links you can take a look at like Mykonos, Rhodes, Kos, Chania. There are many, many options for tours in Greece, and with so many tourist attractions in Greece to choose from, those who particularly enjoy the outdoors can arrange to take an eco-tour. Here is a link for Flights To Greece. I hope this helps, have a great time!

I would recommend that you click on this links for more information:
    Chania Hotels, Kos Hotels, Santorini Hotels, Greece Vacation Package, Things To Do In Greece, National Archaeological Museum and Greek Festivals.

3. alex15

alex15 New Member

thanks for the info.

4. chloe

chloe New Member

Wow! very nice place to visit. I love it.Thanks for the info. Great post.

5. tnsauerkraut

tnsauerkraut New Member

I was in Santorini this time last year - loved it!!! Be sure to get out to other parts of the island, as well, and explore. The water was the most incredible color I'd ever seen. With their great ferry system, there are many places to go. Look on the map at the different island regions and pick a few that look good. I don't think you can go wrong on any greek isle :)