First timer to Morocco

Discussion in 'Morocco' started by walkmanX, Jun 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. walkmanX

walkmanX New Member

Morocco is an amazing place that doesn't get talked about for the right reasons often. You wouldn't think so but Morocco's trains are surprisingly good and reliable and the scenery is very diverse with snow-capped mountains, the Sahara desert, Mediterranean and Atlantic beaches, medieval medinas, snake charmers in Marrakech and discos in Tangier. From Tangier you can also entry Spain via Tarifa on the ferry which takes less than 30 mins.

2. Powercharger

Powercharger New Member

Marrakech is a fascinating ancient city with narrow passageways lined up with spice shops,shoe shops, rug shops,etc. There are also many Berber villages are scattered throughout the mountains that surround Marrakech that you can visit. Be sure to hire a tour guide and visit one of these villages.

3. LittleOtik

LittleOtik New Member

I have been to Morocco several times and spring time is really nice with pleasant weather. I have also been there during Ramadan which is an interesting time to travel. Airfare was cheaper but many restaurants and cafes were shut during the day. I also suggest staying in a riad, which is a traditional Moroccan homestay.