first trek in Nepal advise

Discussion in 'Nepal' started by Jimmi2, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Jimmi2

Jimmi2 New Member

If you have never been trekking to Nepal before, you need to be prepared for all weather, especially if you are going above 3800m. As your first trek in Nepal I would stick to one of the trails of The Poon Hill Trek such as Dhampus, Landruk, or Chomrong; instead of trekking in the Everest Base Camp (EBC) region because of the altitude. Good luck and trekking in Nepal.

2. even40's

even40's New Member

If going to Nepal trekking definitely start off easy and avoid doing anything like a 20 day trek to Everest Base Camp. I agree with the original poster to opt out for an easy 5 day Poon Hill trek as it will be the perfect fit for most newbies. Even then, some days will be challenging, especially when you walk uphill and downhill. The Poon Hill trek also takes you through beautiful villages making for fantastic stops and photo opportunities and the beauty of it is the fact that you’re trekking on a loop so no day is the same.

3. Jimmi2

Jimmi2 New Member

Plan your trek in advance and if travelling alone, I would recommend booking your trek before you arrive in Nepal. Also, be aware that the tap water and river water in Nepal is unsafe to drink so only drink bottled water, or boil the water or use purification tablets. Oh and..don't forget to take walking poles!