Fjords worth seeing?

Discussion in 'Norway' started by wanderer, Oct 10, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

The Norway Fjords are some of the most famous landscapes in Scandinavia. I'm wondering if they're worth seeing. What do you get to see there? What would recommend seeing while you're in the Fjords of Norway?

2. areyouthere?

areyouthere? New Member

Fjords is very worth seeing

the fjords is the main reason to travel to norway in my opinion.You need to base yourself in Alesund, which is the gateway to the fjord area. The most popular way to see the fjords is onboard a Norwegian Hurtigruten cruise or on an international cruiseline, though I personally suggest hiring a car because you'll get to take in the views of the mountains and coastal areas up-close from the amazing viewpoints.

3. Newyears2010

Newyears2010 New Member

seeing the Fjords by car

I second renting a car to see the fjords! Driving in Norway is a dream because roads are safe and in very good condition, and there are plenty of campsites and B&Bs along the way you can spend the night. Cruises will cost you anywhere between $1200 and $2000 so they can be pricey. I'd aslos suggest going in December so you may get a chance to see the northern lights.

4. specialtea

specialtea New Member

fjords norway best time visit

June and July are the best months to see the fjords because it's the time of the Midnight Sun, so you'll get longer days and enjoy a warmer weather. Best to also choose a cruise in my opinion. Princess, Cunard and Celebrity lines offer fjords cruises, though I'd suggest booking tours on your own. Hope you have a nice taste of Norway!