flight got cancel and missed the cruise

Discussion in 'Cruises' started by bobwar12, Sep 23, 2010.

1. bobwar12

bobwar12 New Member

Has that ever happen to anyone?

I was scheduled to go on a cruise last week, but missed the cruise when the flight was cancelled due to the weather.

I was not able to get a new flight for two days because of the huge backlog of travelers. By then my seven night cruise had already set sail from port.

I called the travel insurance Company and explained the situation. I was told that they could pay me $150 a day for expenses related to the delay. However, the cost of a last minute flight to Saint Thomas, the next port of call where I could fly to meet the ship, would be $600 a piece.

So the $150 a day would not pay for the Airfare. In frustration, I had to cancel the planned vacation and lose thousands of dollars. The highly rated Travel Insurance was basically worthless.

Any advice on what he could have done differently.

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

I am sorry to hear that!

This is the world of insurance, and insurance companies are in it to make money and not help you out. The only one recourse I can think of it's to hire a lawyer to interpret and explain what the wording in the travel insurance agreement means and help you decide if there is any chance of getting any additional compensation.