Florida Strawberry Festival

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Vicolette, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

This is one of my most favorite festivals! All those fresh strawberries just waiting to be eaten. The festival opens on February 28 and runs through March 10, so there's plenty of time to visit. There are all kinds of rides, exhibits, food, games and a cool lineup of live performances with musicians such as Bret Michaels, Alan Jackson, Trace Atkins, Foreigner and Gloriana, to name just a few. The strawberry festival is held in Plant City which is about a 30-minute drive from Tampa.

2. Delorios

Delorios New Member

Haha, I too love my strawberries...The actual address is 303 N Lemon St. and the gates will open at 10 a.m. until March 10. As far as admission, you can get advance tickets at Sweetbay for $8 adults and $4 kids. Otherwise, it's $10 for adults and $5 for kids at the gate. Oh, another thing...the parking lot gets jammed on the weekends, so much so that people get lost. Send yourself a text of where you parked;)

3. Polizeu

Polizeu New Member

anyone tried the Redneck burger cone at the festival? it's basically a hamburger stuffed in a waffle cone. One word DELICIOUS! There are also cool eating contests of shortcake, corndogs, fried corn on the cob and strawberry mashed potato pie.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I haven't tried the waffle cone burger but that sure does sound mighty good! I always get a giant corn dog and an order of crispy fried onion rings followed by strawberry shortcake. I'm drooling just thinking about it. The fest opened today to absolutely beautiful weather but the weekend nights are in for some chilly cool temps in the 30s on Sat and 40s on Sunday. Go during the day!!