flying to Australia

Discussion in 'UK' started by festfest, Jun 3, 2011.

1. festfest

festfest New Member

I have a question for anyone who's been to Australia... basically im travelling to australia for five weeks and hopefully flying into cairns and flying home from either sydney or melbourne, which ever is cheaper.

Im willing to fly from just about anywhere in the UK if its cheaper, but i imagine london airports are cheapest?? how much should i expect to pay and anyone got any cheap websites to compare on.

Thanks

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

Flights are cheaper if you pick awkward times like early in the morning or late at night. Also if you don't book weekends or school holidays, you can save a bundle. Trust me, changing your flight by as little as one day can sometimes knock a good bit off of the price.

Having said this, you need to book your flight to Australia as early as possible as cheap flights are quickly selling out because of summer in the UK.

I'd also suggest dropping into Bangkok, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo or somewhere on the way out or back to the UK.

As to cheap websites to compare sites, there are lots of them, but you can use Destination360 flight booking tool to compare cheap flights

3. fcAnnie

fcAnnie New Member

Flying to Australia is a long arduous experience. We know as we have flown from Europe to Australia and from the United States to Australia many times.

The best tip I can give you is to sleep! Wait as long as you can and then try to sleep long enough so that you wake up a couple of hours before landing in Sydney.

So if the flight is 14 hours in duration, wait approximately 4 hours and then try to sleep.