Food and Sites in San Diego?

Discussion in 'California' started by tldtim, May 29, 2007.

1. tldtim

tldtim New Member

Going to San Diego for the first time in August. I'll be there for several days (planned around a James Ray - Personal Growth seminar) and I was curious if there were any lesser known places to visit and/or eat that shouldn't be missed?

An suggestions would be appreciated.

2. guna

guna Moderator

Hi,

San Diego is a fabulous place for vacation featuring number of attractions including Balboa Park for art lovers, San Diego Zoo with over 4000 animals, Mission beach Boardwalk, Miramar Base and Silver Strand Beach National Park. You need not worry about food, since there are many good restaurants in San Diego near all the attractions including Ocean Beach restaurants, San Diego Old Town Restaurants, Down Town Restaurants and Gas lamp Restaurants. Definitely you can not afford to miss all these places in San Diego. In addition, there are many scenic drives that can be enjoyed in any region of California, so check out for one in San Diego and make your trip enjoyable. Have a great vacation.

3. tldtim

tldtim New Member

Thank you, guna, the ideas you provided will help me a great deal. It sounds like San Diego has much more to offer than expected.

Thanks so much.

4. rockfast36

rockfast36 New Member

==========good====================good====================good====================good====================good====================good====================good====================good====================good====================good====================good==========

5. ryder

ryder New Member

Give Taco Fiesta a try, some people I know swear by it and would give me grief if I didn't recommend it.

6. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Lots of the great restaurants are found the in Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego's shopping/historic district. Some of San Deigo's best seafood and steak restaurants can be found in the Gaslamp Quarter .