Food tours in NYC

Discussion in 'New York' started by mitraveler, Mar 18, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I've heard about pizza and cupcake tours, but what would you suggest for good food tours in NYC?

2. KripkeeR

KripkeeR New Member

tips for enjoying a food tour in NYC

there's way too many food tours in NYC so you can't go wrong with either of them. A few things I would say though is to wear comfortable shoes because you'll be most likely walking for several hours. Also, dress in layers for the weather, and bring along a backpack because there'll be many opportunities for buying stuff throughout the tour.

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Excellent advice! Thanks for sharing those tops. Does any city have more diverse cuisine than New York City? Sure, you do have the pizza and cupcakes, but you also have fancy restaurants, food trucks, hot dogs, and really everything. There are many choices for New York City Food Tours .

4. wordpresseru

wordpresseru New Member

feel like a celeb

I too recommend doing one of these foody tours while in the City, though wear good shoes cos you'll be walking lots. Also, don't do it in winter (like we did) because of the weather...luckily it didn't get too cold for us and it was still so much fun. I remember people were taking our photo when we were stopped at the lights, we felt like celebs!

5. flytimetravel

flytimetravel New Member

New York Food Tours is a great company, with friendly, informative guides who really know their food! Tours are led throughout historic neighborhoods including Chinatown, the East Village, the West Village, and Union Square.

6. josephhinds

josephhinds New Member

I did not have any idea about pizza and cupcake tour, so can anybody explain about it in briefly?

7. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I don't think they're the same tour, but several tour guides will lead tours of the best pizza joints--which is great since New York pizza is so great. Cupcakes are kind of the hottest thing right now, so you will find tour guides who lead tours of the hot cupcake bakeries and will even lead classes.

8. RubyMarino

RubyMarino New Member

There's way too many food tours in NYC so you can't go wrong with either of them. There are many choices for New York City Food Tours .New York Food Tours is a great company, with friendly, informative guides who really know their food!

9. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Thanks Ruby! I appreciated your reply. Food tours are a great way to try new things and eat a meal on the go. :)

10. elementsrestaurant

elementsrestaurant New Member

New York is home of the best local restaurants. You can find a lots of restaurant which offers authentic cuisine and authentic flavors from all over the world.