fun things to do in Nepal

Discussion in 'Nepal' started by amalfi_city, Sep 7, 2010.

1. amalfi_city

amalfi_city New Member

hiya,

what's your favourite fun things to do in Nepal?...I am looking for ideas on fun things to do in Nepal outdoors or in the city so any ideas are very welcome. Thanks!

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

hello,

One of my favourite fun things to do in Nepal is exploring the outdoors. Since you're planning a trip during the fall, I can suggest actually doing rafting.

You can choose from traditional water-rafting aboard inflatable rafts, or opt for a paddling trip, if you feel like doing a bit of exercise.

Having said this, if you plan to do rafting, remember that many of the tour companies that offer trekking itineraries include a rafting tour in the plans so, this might be a more rewarding experience as a whole.

3. pitterparker

pitterparker New Member

I have visited Baudhanath and there are many things to do:- The Baudhanath area is dominated by the huge stupa - said to have been built to house a relic of Buddha himself. So a visit to the stupa, and maybe a kora or three - is a must. Baudhanath is also very much worth a visit as it's one of the few places - alongside Dharamsala in India - which allow a glimpse of what Tibet would have been like outside of China's rule. Shop for Tibetan souvenirs, visit some of the 40+ monasteries surrounding the stupa as well as located along the nearby streets, take a course in yoga, meditation, Tibetan language, sand mandala making, traditional Tibetan music - anything Buddhism- and Tibet-related that you can think of. Have a meal at one of the rooftop cafes overlooking the hustle and bustle of the stupa square.

4. SittingINN

SittingINN New Member

what to do in Nepal

you definitely gotta spend time in Kathmandu..there are lots to see there like Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Bodnath etc). Chitwan national park, Pokhara, and trekking in either the Everest or Annapurna region is something else to add to your list.

5. aizathapa

aizathapa New Member

There are lot of things to do in Nepal. Basically I suggest to do rafting and bungee jump it is more adventure things to do in Nepal.Have a Fun :)