Galveston FeatherFest and Nature PhotoFest

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Vicolette, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

This sounds like a really fun event for outdoor photogs and birding enthusiasts. The 11th Annual Galveston FeatherFest & Nature PhotoFest will be going strong on Galveston Island April 11 - April 14. There will be workshops, field trips, social get-togethers, and bus and boat excursions to birding locations for observation and pics. I didn't know Galveston was one of the leading bird locations until reading about this interesting festival. If you're going to be in the city and want to enjoy some flights of fancy, click here for more info.

2. Listenkoi

Listenkoi New Member

cool to learn this. I have been to Bolivar Flats and High Island in Galveston for birding during the avian spring migration, which is the best time for birding anyways. I think Galveston is one of the top locations for birding in america. By the way, is this festival family-friendly?

3. QuarterBaxk

QuarterBaxk New Member

the Texas Prairies and Pineywoods wildlife trails are my favorite spot for birding in Texas...Red Hills Lake is normally where I go to see the Loggerhead Shrike and Northern Cardinal, both of which I'm fascinated by.

4. vanrty

vanrty New Member

Great little event to attend if you're a birding fan looking to learn more about native birds and creatures live around Galveston Bay. Anyone planning to take part need to know that FeatherFest participants will pay a registration fee of $30, as well as a fee for each event attended.

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

There are more than 100 guided field trips, workshops and events and the site says "family-friendly event" so it looks like there will be plenty of things to see and do for everyone. After the event, head over to Galveston's Pleasure Pier and enjoy the rides and amusements.