Gas prices

Discussion in 'Travel News' started by mitraveler, Feb 27, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I read this morning that gas prices went up 18 cents in two weeks. They're at record highs for this time of the year. How do you think this is affecting travel? I'm not going to have as much ability to travel if I have to spend so much on gas. I'm already thinking I'll have to skip my summer vacation.

2. vengaboys

vengaboys New Member

GREED and manipulation

I dont understand why the price hike...we dont get any gas from Iran, so it is NOT a supply and demand thing. I reckon it's purely GREED and manipulation. The people who own the rights to oil are manipulating the whole war on Iran to hike the prices and rob us "the people" blind...makes me so angry!

3. Morning_Star

Morning_Star New Member

price of gas went up 30 cents in 5 days

here in Los Angeles the price of gas went up 30 cents in 5 days! Last week nothing was over $4 which is now a distant memory. No doubt it will be close to $5 soon. how will it affect travel? I think that summer road trips will be out of the question for a lot of people, which is a pity!

4. Babilla23

Babilla23 New Member

oil comes from canada

I dont get it either..our oil comes from canada and not the middle east. Also, the recommendation they offer of carpooling isn't an option for everyone...I have yet to meet anyone in the office who lives anywhere near me and public transportation is no no.

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I know! This rapid price escalation makes no sense. I'm sorry you have to pay $5 in Los Angeles. That's crazy! And it's not like we have a lot of options on ways to get around.

6. telefunkunk

telefunkunk New Member

watch the miles

im definitely going to watch the miles per gallon this summer...it's so ridiculous that any increase in the price of crude oil instantaneously is transferred to the pump. $4.25 is the lowest I saw in Los Angeles area. Up in Lousville is about $3.66, in Burlington is $3.79, in Atlanta is $3.65 at the moment.

7. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

That's pretty dreadful. I waited in line for 3.75 gas in Michigan when everywhere else was 3.99. Fun! Or not!