Georgia Aquarium

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by wanderer, May 26, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Have you had the chance to visit the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta? I'll put that out now, it's really expensive, but it's pretty amazing. It's one of my favorite places in Atlanta and it's truly amazing. Have you had a chance to see the Georgia aquarium?

2. kidloco

kidloco New Member

I'd go as far as saying that the Georgia Aquarium is the best in the country. The place is very impressive and there is so much to see like manta rays and large sharks, otters, etc. The dolphin show there is also very good, though the frog exhibit and the jellyfish octopus tanks were my favorite bits at the Georgia Aquarium. Atlanta Botanical Gardens is also amazing, try and see it if you can.

3. Thetravelflex

Thetravelflex New Member

The Ocean Voyager area is great and gives you a good sense of what it is like to be a Scuba Diver ..I'd agree Georgia aquarium is great but given the choice my vote would be for Baltimore aquarium ..I reckon is far better, sorry;)

4. ufcmma

ufcmma New Member

Georgia aquarium is superb but it's disappointing that you are not allowed to do any photography during the Dolphin show. I wouldn't say Georgia Aquarium is better than Baltimore aquarium but it's certainly huge. Bring small kids on strollers because you will need them.

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

You're allowed to have your favorites. :) Thanks for your insight. Let's see, if we were to pick favorites, I'd have to say that the Georgia Aquarium is spiffy, but the Shedd Aquarium is the best. That could be my growing up in Chicago bias!