Getting Married by Elvis

Discussion in 'Las Vegas Weddings' started by bmd, Sep 26, 2011.

1. bmd

bmd Guest

Elvis presided over my wedding...who wouldn't love to say that?! One of my very good friends had an Elvis wedding in Las Vegas, and oh my, it was such a fun experience just to be there! They are just a very exciting couple, and watching their wedding made me want to say my vows with my husband all over again, only with Elvis standing in front of us this time :) If you're thinking of a Las Vegas wedding, I would definitely recommend, at least, considering an Elvis wedding. It'll definitely be an experience of a lifetime, which is what weddings should be, right?

Most, if not all of the wedding chapels in Vegas offer some type of Elvis style wedding. There's even a chapel devoted entirely to Elvis weddings. Some of the weddings with Elvis as the presiding officiate are the more 'Viva Las Vegas' type, and there are a few, which are a little less traditionally 'Vegas'. One of my favorites is the Blue Hawaii, but I love dressing up like I'm in Hawaii anyway, so I might be biased ;) If you are thinking of the Elvis option for your wedding, you might want to start with one of the chapels devoted to the Elvis experience, like the Graceland Wedding Chapel.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
  2. Oliver-benji

Oliver-benji New Member

Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel

I'm a wedding officiant in Boston and I had the opportunity of touring Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel early this year. I think this one is the friendliest and most accommodating of all chapels offering Elvis style weddings. Also, most Vegas chapels are not inclusive of same-sex couples, while Viva Las Vegas proudly supports Marriage Equality, and for that reason alone they should be applauded!