getting to Antarctica from Australia

Discussion in 'Antarctica' started by moonbreaker, May 26, 2011.

1. moonbreaker

moonbreaker New Member

hey guys, hope this is not a long shot...but how would i get to Antarctica from Australia or NZ... Website links (for tours) are welcome. thanks

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

It would be a long shot for sure but not impossible....However, it will be very expensive unless you're willing to fork out 10K to go on one of them Antarctica cruises.

The other option of course, if you don't want to spend a lot of money it's the work option route. It is possible to get a job with the United States Antarctic Program signing on for four month contracts. The pay isn't great and the work is hard but they fly you from your home.

By the way, I don't thik you have to be a US citazen to get the job either since there are Thai, Irish, Brazilians, and Italians working here right now.

3. ehquionest

ehquionest New Member

Hi !
    I don't know if since then you have been to Antarctica, but we just come back from a trip to the white continent from New-Zealand. We have been helped by the travel consulting company High Latitudes Travel for that. We can recommend them to you, they are great. It was a trip of a lifetime !
    Thierry