going it alone in Bali

Discussion in 'Indonesia' started by mplr34, May 12, 2011.

1. mplr34

mplr34 New Member

Hi Im going to Bali in late April for about 10 days and am going it alone, Im quite nervous about the solo thing but think it would be great at the same time.

I am keen to meet people over there and experience the culture and activities, I want to travel around while Im there and really soak it all up. I think I'll be starting my trip in Kuta and travelling around the west of the island and finishing with some scuba in the east.... will it be easy to make some new friends?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

I've holidayed in Bali by myself in the past loads of times and I must admit I had the same concerns initially. Though rest assure because you will find Bali a breeze for meeting people and filling your days with cultural activities.

You will end up meeting locals and tourists in bars as everyone is friendly and inviting, though don't hang out in deserted areas or dark alleys by yourself.

Another suggestion, if scuba diving is your thing make the trip to the Gili's, specifically Trawangan as it's one of the best spots for scuba diving in the area.