going to batu caves from kl

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by JMM, May 18, 2011.

1. JMM

JMM New Member

How to get to Batu caves from Kuala Lumpur? anyone been there recently...

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

There are a few ways to get to Batu Caves such as taxi which is expensive or by public bus which takes an hour's drive, though it's cheapest.

If you choose the bus option, you can catch a bus (bus number 70 or 349 ) at the Puduraya Bus Terminal in Kuala Lumpur.

For me, the easiest way to get to Batu Caves is the train option. You can take the KTM commuter train from KL Sentral station to the Sentul Station.

By the way, once you arrive at Batu Caves you will be greeted by lots of monkeys so, don't freak out like I did:)

3. moer2237

moer2237 New Member

Try go to Batu Caves during Thaipusam (indian festival). Lots of tourist will go there during that time but BE WARNED, it's not for the faint hearted.

Cheers!
    Moer Ahmad

4. SincereXX

SincereXX New Member

Batu caves touristy shops

i've been to Batu caves a few times already..the last time I was there was last year and I have to say I was very disappointed because of the many touristy shops. these spoiled the ambiance of the place and now Batu caves feel like a cheap imitation of its real self..what a shame because this place used to be nice...

5. Notgibenin

Notgibenin New Member

no religious atmosphere in batu caves

Batu Caves is a great day tour outside of KL, though remember that there are hundreds of steps to the top so be prepared with water and a sweat towel:) Once at the top the natural caves are inspiring, but like the last poster said the temples aren't that great because they're are surrounded by tourist shops so the religious atmosphere is barely existent.

6. wouldfall

wouldfall New Member

Batu caves not worth it

After seeing lots of temples in Thailand and Indonesia, Batu Caves to be honest don't seem that great..I guess the only time the caves are spectacular is during during Thaipusam. Don;t get me worn I ain't knocking Batu down, the Hindu statues are impressive from their size, but the area is all overly touristy and tacky.

7. ohnogoon

ohnogoon New Member

batu caves ok for an hour

I have to agree...I wouldn't bother with the caves neither. It's ok for getting the one good picture but the caves are pretty much just steps and thats it. Saying this, you can easily get there with local buses so I guess it isn't too bad to visit for a few hours.

8. mithroo3cs

mithroo3cs New Member

Train service is the fast way. Ask from KL Central to know about the train schedule.