Going to China / budget question

Discussion in 'China' started by onelife, Apr 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. onelife

onelife New Member

Hi!

I have a friend who is in Thailand now. I wouldlike to visit him, but before ill go there, i want to se China.

I have about £5000 , i want to use Transiberian rail to go to Beijing, then see some nice places in China ,then ...i would like, but im not sure how much mone i need realy :

go to Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and then Thailand.

Is this possible with my budget? Or should i ,lets say visit only China and one or two other countries instead of 4? I wouldlike to stay there (asia) as long as possible.
    Any tips?
    Thanks

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Hi there,

Southeast Asia is actually the most popular region for budget travelers so, with a budget of £5000 you should have no problem experiencing Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand to the fullest.

Southeast Asia offers great value and you can fly from country to country quite easily as budget airlines offer a reasonable price.

The cost of living in Southeast Asia is very affordable with cheap restaurant meals for a couple of dollars or so. Accommodation wise is cheap too, you can expect to pay somewhere in the range of $20 for a private room or even less.

Some of the top attractions in Southeast Asia are as follows:

* In Cambodia is the Ankor Wat
    * In Thailand is the Ayutthaya and Sukothai
    * In Indonesia is the Borobudur and Prambanan

China is actually defined as part of the the Asia Pacific region and the cost of living is not as cheap as Southeast Asia. Therefore, if you want to avoid the high prices in China, you should consider heading into the rural areas.

It is hard to give a budget estimate but to give you an idea the most expensive country in Southeast Asia is Singapore, and the cheapest countries are Indonesia, Myanmar, Laos, and Cambodia.

In the Asia Pacific region, Japan and Korea are the most expensive countries with China being in the middle.

Hope this helps
    VacationBuddy