going to Cuba again!

Discussion in 'Cuba' started by Hickups, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Hickups

Hickups New Member

i want to take my wife to Cuba on a little vacation again. We've been to Havana and Varadero before so I'd like to try out a different locale..what's on offer on a Santiago de Cuba vacation? any ideas?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

You will love it in Santiago de Cuba! There are many great attractions you can visit such as the impressive Castillo del Morro citadel, which is one of the best-preserved Spanish-American military structures on this region.

If you like visiting museums while on vacation, the Museo Emilio Bacardí Moreau and the Basilica del Cobre are two must see attractions in Santiago. I'd also suggest to book a tour while in Santiago de Cuba since it's one of the best ways to see it all.

By the way, once you land at the airport, you'll be approached by tour representatives who will want you to book tours with them. I wouldn't book tours with airport representatives right there and then, but wait till you get to Santiago proper. There are a good amount of tour agencies in Santiago to choose from so you will be able to compare prices.