Going to Dahab

Discussion in 'Egypt' started by mourad, Feb 6, 2009.

1. mourad

mourad New Member

Hello all, I am in living in egypt and I will be travelling to Dahab in the Sinai. Most people think the bus is the best way but in reality it's only the cheapest way. The bus is actually very dangerous since the drivers are terrible. I have decided to stop taking the bus and opting for a private car. The cost is about 100€ or 750 Egyptian pounds. Is anyone in Egypt and interested in joining me on this ride and contributing to the costs. I will be leaving from Cairo on saturday 7th february 2009.

I know its short notice but i thought i would give it a try.

Apart from this, if anyone needs any advice on the Sinai area please feel free to ask me as I know the area well.

All the best,

Mourad

2. carib

carib New Member

Hello mourad,

I have been to Egypt twice but never been to Sinai area? I have visited Abu Simbel, Giza Pyramids and Valley of the Kings. what is the speciality of Sinai, is it worth a visit? what are the interesting things to do in Sinai?

Could you let me know, my trip will be very soon.

Thanks
    Carib

3. mourad

mourad New Member

Hi Carib, How are you?

Here is a brief resume of the Sinai activities: If you are looking to visit more ancient egyptian monuments, then the sinai is the wrong place for you.
    The main activities here are scuba diving, snorkeling and desert safaries/mountain trekking. As you may know the red sea is renowned for its amazing corals and fish. Definitely a must!
    The desert safaries are also a great experience. The sinai desert is very original. Not only the spectacular sceneries, also the company of local bedouin tribes whom are your guides during the safari.

I am based in Dahab, where all these activities can be organised easily. My brother works in this domain and can be of great help if needed. His website: sinaisafari.net
    Depending on your needs and budget...there are other towns that may be more suitable for you. Please let me know if you need any more information. If not, have a good trip!

All the best,

Mourad