going to mumbai from pune

Discussion in 'India' started by jimmiefloid, Jun 3, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jimmiefloid

jimmiefloid New Member

what are the best ways to get from Pune to Mumbai? Can anyone tell me how long this journey takes by bus, train, or flying??can I actually fly to Mumbai from Pune?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

I had a look at the transportation options you have are flying, driving, taking the Deccan Queen train from the Mumbai VT Station and the ASIAD bus near Dadar which leaves every 20 mins.

In my opinion, the expressway will makes the journey from Pune to Mumbai quite short, though you spend as much time driving through Mumbai itself.

The train will be a bit slower, but a perfectly acceptable alternative, but I wouldn't bother flying between Mumbai and Pune - as the distance is too short to make it worth the money you'll pay.

3. gaurav467

gaurav467 New Member

The Pune Suburban Railway connects Pune to Lonavala, a small town en-route to Mumbai. There is only one line with seventeen stations; a second monorail line is under consideration by the government. Here is a list of all the stations, east to west.

4. Deepali87

Deepali87 New Member

I would suggest you to go by bus as trains are very slow and airline tickets will be costly. You can easily find A.C volvo buses online

5. keralahmart

keralahmart New Member

it is very easy just get a bus from dadar,cab,taxi what ever u want .even you can find trains for pune.no need to worry about it

6. matadorez

matadorez New Member

I travel quite frequently to mumbai from pune and mostly use Neeta Travels. They have good services and you can book bus tickets online which it is very convenient. There are lot of options like being able to print your tickets yourself and it is better than redbus and ticketvala.

if you prefer to drive then, drive down from South Mumbai, take the Eastern Express highway from Sion in North-eastern Mumbai and turn at the traffic light that leads to the Sion-Panvel Highway (this is NH4).

7. Ankit Singh

Ankit Singh New Member

Hi,

I would like to suggest you to go by bus. You can easily find A.C volvo buses online

8. Bilalmohd

Bilalmohd New Member

I prefer to you go by C Shahumharaj Terminus Kurduvadi Special train travel to Mumbai from Pune.

9. Car rental service is the best option for Pune to Mumbai. The Mumbai Pune Expressway is the best way to reach on time.

10. Morachi chincholi

Morachi chincholi New Member

The Mumbai Pune Expressway is the best way to reach on time. And if you hire cab then it would be more easier.

11. This is the perfect trip to India who wants to travel in Mumbai to Pune visit tourists attraction sites.