going to Prague for 2 weeks in May

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Kerosin10, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Kerosin10

Kerosin10 New Member

I haven't been to Prague before and was wondering if anyone could recommend some good restaurants, cafes, places to eat?

I'm going there for 2 weeks in May and would appreciate any recommendations.
    Thank you.

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

A must see is Cafe Imperial in the Na Porici District as it is infamous for letting its customers throw stale doughnuts at each other. You really have to see this to believe!

Also, while in Prague, you must visit Karlovy Vary because of the hot springs. There are buses that run directly from the main Florenc station in Prague to Karlovy Vary and take about 2 hours. Having said this, the train is much quicker and offers scenic views.

3. Elina

Elina New Member

Hello!

The best you can do is avoid the centre.. I mean for shopping, eating out..as it gets quite expensive. Just get some local acquaintance and get advised. My tip is to google couch surfing - have you heard of it? You can find a place where to stay overnight for free. I bet that you would be put up by some Czech guy and he can give you tips right on the spot. What about it?