going to sturgis?

Discussion in 'South Dakota' started by fentimans, Apr 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. fentimans

fentimans New Member

if you are a camper planning to head to sturgis this year, you may want to know about camping options. I go every year and I recommend staying at the Rafter J near Hill City, Sturgis Campground, Palmer Gulch (near Mt Rushmore) or the campgrounds in Custer State Park. My personal fav is Sturgis View Campground because it offers wonderful views and has good roads to get in an out of the Rally when you are there.

2. 09oplkiu

09oplkiu New Member

if you plan to go to Sturgis I suggest you book rentals and accommodation well ahead of time because even motels in a 200 mile radius of Sturgis get fully booked. As far as campgrounds in Sturgis, there are many to choose from: Camp Vanocker Sturgis, Big Rig RV Park, Glencoe CampResort..just to name a few.

3. BirthdayTreat

BirthdayTreat New Member

I have stayed at the Shade Valley campground for the past 4 years I've been going to Sturgis rally. This campground is about seven miles from downtown Sturgis but it's well worth it because once the lodge/bar closes and everyone gets to their sites it is very quiet throughout the campground. By the way, Glencoe is known as a bit of a party campground.

4. zara12

zara12 New Member

Buffalo Chip Campground is the place to be if you go to Sturgis Black Hills Bike Rally! Everything you need is right there in the campground, as well as a pond for swimming. By the way, most campgrounds will be noise with people partying all night reving their motorcycles at all times, but it's a biker rally....isn't that why you came?

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

The rally is fast approaching and for anyone still needing information about area hotels, state parks and camping, check this Destination360 page for a list of suggestions. Check the Sturgis website for additional lodging and visitor information.