going to us virgin islands from us

Discussion in 'US Virgin Islands' started by melalinoCoe, Apr 4, 2011.

1. melalinoCoe

melalinoCoe New Member

sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find my answer on the forum..basically, can someone clarify whether I need a passport to go to the US Virgin Islands?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

The US Virgin Islands are part of the United States so, if you’re going directly from the US to St. Thomas, St. Croix or St. John, you do not need a US passport.

Having said this, if you have a layover in another Caribbean country, you need to check your itinerary carefully and confirm this with your airline, since you may need to show your passport.

If you need a passport in a hurry, there are passport services that can help with your passport application or processing times as low as 24 hours.

3. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

If you are a US citizen, no you won't need a passport. But if you're planning to hop to another country's islands, you will need a passport. If you're in the Caribbean, you don't need a full passport for that travel. You can get a passport card, which allows travel to the Caribbean, plus Canada and Mexico. I got one to make it easier to get into Canada, and it's cheaper than a full passport because the regulations are different.