gold coast events july 2012

Discussion in 'Australia' started by vengaboys, Mar 11, 2012.

1. vengaboys

vengaboys New Member

hi, im planning a mini trip this summer to Australia? i have two questions what's the gold coast of Australia like in July in terms of weather, and do you know of any gold coast events in July worth going to?..btw, i love surfing!

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

Surfers Paradise Festival in july

there are plenty of surfers all year round at the Gold Coast and July is no exception. Even it's winter you'll still see board surfers and even paddle boarders along the Gold Coast's beaches by their hundreds. Either way, mid-winter in the Gold Coast wont anything like in the northern hemisphere I can tell you that!

As far as Gold Coast events in July, I suggest attending the Surfers Paradise Festival. It kicks-in from June 20 to July 14 and you can bet a ton of local artists, craftsmen, vendors, etc lining the streets playing music, giving out food and beer.

3. carlo26

carlo26 New Member

July is beautiful weather but can get quite cold at night. Sunny days, A light jacket will be needed. Regarding events the 1st Sunday in July is Gold Coast Marathon and also the Mudgeeraba Show.