Golden Gate Bridge 75th Anniversary 2012

Discussion in 'California' started by Vicolette, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Just a heads up for travelers to SF. On Sunday, May 27, the party begins in celebration of the 75th anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge. There will be plenty of events going on including the watercraft parade, performances, music, exhibits, and a host of activities sponsored by local businesses and organizations. The grand finale for the Golden Gate Bridge celebration culminates in a massive fireworks display. Mark your calendar!

2. Qatuo98j

Qatuo98j New Member

GG Bridge 75th Anniversary

I was on the GG bridge for the 50th anniversary and it was such an amazing day that I'll never forget. The wonderful 'waterfall' fireworks show they put up that day was legendary. Won't be able to make this year for the 75th anniversary but I wish GG bridge a happy birthday:)

3. fumigador

fumigador New Member

no GG anniversary for me

sorry but i won't be marking my calendar..i think it's a farce they're going to throw again an anniversary party for the Golden Gate bridge when the Bridge district is going broke..how can they throw a party on the taxpayers money and have the nerve to charge tourists $5 to walk on the bridge?

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

It would be nice if the city gave residents a discount. I'm in Florida, another mega-tourism state, and we ask the same question but we do get resident discounts to the major theme parks. Recently, a new high rise opened in London. The place is beautiful with apartments, businesses and restaurants for the high-end businessman or tourist. Londoners had the same concern because the Shard was built in the financially struggling London Bridge Station district. Their hope is the multi-tasking high rise will bring more money into the area. Maybe that's what the folks in charge of the GGB anniversary are hoping.