Google Live Cam Map thingy

Discussion in 'Destination360 Copyright and DMCA settlements' started by triggersnappy, Aug 15, 2008.

1. triggersnappy

triggersnappy New Member

.... Google MAP!

i'm new so i can't post links but in Australia (and i presume lots of other countries?) Google maps now have live cam via satelite (its just a static photo though so maybe the term 'live' is a misuse....??) which means you can look up where u live and work and perhaps see a photo of yourself or your neighbour / collegue (they blur out the face of people though).

its proving to be a nice source of work-place procrastination looking up one's childhood address, exes, old school etc.

what do people think about this in terms of privacy? and any other countries have this?

2. hotelaudit

hotelaudit New Member

I checked some cities in Australia through the satellite mode of Google Maps but according to my experience it's not a live cam (real time) it's just a simple photo nothing more and I feel with very bad quality. Anyway I got the following error message:
    "We're sorry, but we don't have imagery at this zoom level for this region."

3. pcardenas

pcardenas New Member

STREET VIEW is the best.