Grand Canyon

Discussion in 'Las Vegas Trip Reports' started by Lorraine25, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Lorraine25

Lorraine25 New Member

Has anyone taken the bus trip to the Grand Canyon from LV? There is a South Rim Bus Tour and a West Rim Bus Tour....any comments. My husband & I are going to LV in May and would like to see the Grand Canyon, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam. Online they say one trip is 11 hours the other 14 hours. Sounds like a very long day. Is it worth it? Any comments would be appreciated.

2. bosox001

bosox001 New Member

It is definitly worth it, I have been on both tours from LV to the Grand Canyon, the South Rim tour is a longer day than the West Rim tour, I enjoyed both tours but I preferred the West Rim tour, If you choose the West Rim tour you can go out on the new Skywalk which has a glass floor which allows you to look right down into the canyon and the Colorado River (but you are not allowed to take pictures on the Skywalk), you can also go out to the ranch and see them acting out a wild west gunfight, and go for a ride into the desert on a horse drawn wagon, all in all I found a lot more to do and see at the West Rim, but that is only my opinion, this tour also has a stop at the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead for pictures. Hope this helps.

3. Lorraine25

Lorraine25 New Member

Thank you for the info. About the barbque lunch on the indian reservation. We have an indian restaurant here near us and I tried it. Didn't like the food. Can you tell me what they had to eat? And will there be stops to get other food on the trip? I still haven't made our reservations for the tour yet. How far in advance do I need to do this?