Grand Rapids Laugh Fest Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Michigan' started by mitraveler, Jan 28, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Hello! Did you know that Grand Rapids has a big sense of humor? When you live in a place that is gray and snowy you need to! March is a great time to visit for anyone who likes to laugh, since the second annual Laugh Fest is coming to Grand Rapids. This festival features weeks' worth of comedy shows, fun events and nearly every comedian you could imagine. Last year, the first festival went really well, and the town even set the record for the most paper airplanes released at the same time. :)

2. metropolitanPOL

metropolitanPOL New Member

Laughfest is great fun

Laughfest is great fun though it's more than just a barrel of laughs. I like the fact that the event provides a way to raise awareness and funds for supporting families on a cancer or who have lost someone to help them find their smile and laughter in the midst of these life changing incidents.

3. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I know! Thanks for adding that Metropolitan. I forgot to say that proceeds support Gilda's Club, a support organization for families of cancer victims.

The dates are March 8-18 this year.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Laugh Fest was a big hit this year. I ended up stuck on a big project, so I didn't get to go. but I wanted to! Oh well, there's next year.

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I wanted to update you and let you know that Laughfest is almost here again! There's 10 days of fun...and some of the events are even free. I'm hoping to see the Nerdist Podcast live and might go catch a show from Brian Reagan.

Who's your favorite comedian?