great way to see Oslo, Flam & Fjords

Discussion in 'Norway' started by Gingerpan, Aug 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Gingerpan

Gingerpan New Member

Oslo is not a very large city but there are lots to see and luckily almost everything is within walking distance. One of the main attractions in Oslo is Vigeland, which is the famous sculpture park with naked sculptures. There's also Akershus Castle, which is nearby Vigeland, as is the downtown area. If you are only in Oslo for a few days, I would suggest the "Norway in a Nutshell Tour" which is a great way to see A LOT of Norway in a short period.

2. RomanFeduri

RomanFeduri New Member

If you plan to see the Fjords, be sure to go in season. I was there in April which was out of season (March-May). Luckily, i was able to do the fjords through Norway in a Nutshell, though the only boat trip they had available was Flam to Gudvangen down the Næroyfjord. If you have more than one day, you could spend the night in Flam, though it's a small village without much.

3. GleeGlitter

GleeGlitter New Member

Renting a car in Norway

Renting a car in Norway is super expensive. My suggestion is to use public transport as you will be able to reach the fjords (Sognefjord and Geirangerfjord) as well as glaciers (Folgefonna and Briksdal). There is no need to join a tour group unless of course you want to join other tourists for company.