Guam Rental Car

Discussion in 'Guam' started by shaw, Jun 19, 2007.

1. shaw

shaw New Member

Hi...my girlfriend and I are wondering if a Guam rental car is really necessary? It looks like the island is small enough to travel by public transportation? Rent a bike? Or possibly some other type of transportation? We'll be there for about a week and a half. Any help is much appreciated!

2. everyann

everyann Guest

Hey Shaw! A Guam Rental Car is definitely the best way to go. The car rentals aren't so bad...I would say about 40/day (USD). However, there are other options. Maybe you and your girlfriend can rent scooters or if you're capable, you can rent a motorcycle. However, my vote is on the rental car Guam has to offer. If you're not used to heat, you may want the AC option the car has that your other options don't. I wouldn't rely on the public transportation, with the rental you've got the freedom to come and go as you please.

3. beachbum

beachbum New Member

I would definitely recommend the rental car as well. For most tourists it's the best way to get around. The public transportation can be a problem and if you're on vacation that's the last thing you want to worry about. Your best bet is to book your reservation at one in the airport. Your standard rental car companies are available but you're going to want to be sure that the desk is open at the time of your arrival. Happy travels and enjoy Guam!

4. tigerg

tigerg New Member

I had been to Guam a few years back and must say that the roads aren't that great. There were various construction projects happening and in some cases it was in the busiest areas. However, prior to my trip to Guam I did my share of research on the buses in Guam and are, unfortunately, infrequent and irregular. The bus' standard fare is $3.00 a day or 1.00 per ride.

5. totalrequest

totalrequest New Member

I am a local and I say, do not use the local Transit system, it is notorious for being late.
    Take a rental car, & Tigerg, the roads are all good now! =) They were just making the
    roads more smoother and better.