Guanaja Island beachfront vacation rentals

Discussion in 'Honduras' started by Evan61, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Evan61

Evan61 New Member

I'm looking to plan a week-long vacation at Guanaja Island to do some good swimming, diving, and relaxing with my 2 friends. Searching for some nice beach front vacation rentals and could not find in the net. Would appreciate any advice- thank you!

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Few years back in Dec, I had 6 days vacation at Honduras and got a chance to explore Guanaja Island. It's very famous for its rare underwater beauty & offers the best spots for swimming, snorkling and diving. The weather is comfortable year around, so you can enjoy the pleasant environment whenever you go.

There are plenty nice vacation rentals available with awesome amenities. If you want to stay very near to the beach then there are plenty options. The Villa on Dunbar Rock, Island House, G&G's Clearwater Paradise Resort and Graham's Place Hotel are some of the nice places to stay. I stayed at Guanaja Caribbean Cottages which located within walking distance of 15 mins to town, and very close to 2 beautiful waterfalls. Guanaja Island has no shortage of things to do and see. I really enjoyed the quiet & beautiful beach, beach walk, swimming, amazing sunrise & sunset and great food. My vacation at Guanaja is so relax, I think for you too.

3. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

This is such a pretty place to visit. Rentals can be tough to find online. You could contact the Guanaja Island tourism folks to get an inside information. The Bay Islands Tourism Bureau oversees Guanaja Island. Sometimes a call to the tourism folks can get you vacation rentals that you can't find online. Have you thought about staying on Roatan and visiting Guanaja? That's another idea.